Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
Makes: About 15 average size biscuits
- 340g Plain Flour
- 115g Caster Sugar
- 250g Butter (I use Sainsbury’s Taste The Difference salted Jersey Butter)
- Preheat oven to 155-160°C (325°F) – Gas Mark 3.
- Mix flour and sugar in a bowl, rub in butter.
- Knead well to form a smooth paste.
- Roll out (about 8mm/0.25″ thick) and cut into biscuits of desired size. Alternatively, take little balls of mixture and flatten into rounded bisbuits by hand.
- Decorate top with a fork and place on a greased baking tray with 1 or 2 centimeters spacing between each biscuit.
- Bake for 25 minutes in fan oven till pale and golden.
- Once out of the oven, place on wire tray to cool
I put two sheets in at once about 1/4 and 3/4 up the oven and swap about half way through (not sure if this is needed) however different ovens may require a different approach/cooking time.