Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
Makes: About 15 average size biscuits
- 150g Butter
- 375g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs or 2 large eggs (slightly gooey) or 3 medium eggs (very gooey)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla or a couple of drops of vanilla essence
- 375g plain flour
- 75g cocoa
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) bi-carbonate of soda
- 2 x 100g of either small chocolate cubes, chocolate chips, Smarties or chocolate buttons (totalling 200g)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs, water and vanilla (or vanilla essence) in large bowl on medium speed of electric mixer until light and creamy.
- Sift flour, cocoa, salt and bi-carbonate of soda together. Add to creamed mixture gradually, mixing on low speed until blended.
- Stir in chocolate. Drop by tablespoonfuls (15 mL) onto ungreased baking sheet, leaving room for spreading.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 7 to 9 minutes, or just until set. DO NOT OVER BAKE. Cookies should be soft and moist. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet, then remove to wire rack and cool completely.